Hi, we got a new job opening for Academic Counselor in Chi Chi Rodriguez Youth Foundation
Company : Chi Chi Rodriguez Youth Foundation
Location : Clearwater, FL 33761
position : Academic Counselor
Provides a comprehensive school counseling program that assists all students in acquiring the skills and knowledge to maximize highest student achievement in a safe learning environment. Responsibilities may vary depending upon the specific work setting and counselor-to-student ratio and should correspond to the needs and priorities established in the schools’ and district’s counseling program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Implements the comprehensive school counseling program as outlined in the Pinellas County School District’s Professional Counselor plan.
· Acts as an advocate for all students.
· Works in collaboration with other stakeholders in narrowing the achievement gap.
· Provides professional leadership to establish a culture conducive to learning.
· Counsels individual and/or small groups of students with academic, career and personal/social concerns.
· Assists students in developing a plan for achieving educational, career and personal/social goals.
· Consults with a variety of school-based teams to facilitate appropriate placement decisions to enhance student achievement, which includes but is not limited to exceptional student staffing’s, 504 determination meetings, and Child Study team meetings.
· Confers with classroom teachers, administration, support staff, community agencies and parents regarding students and their needs.
· Provides support to teachers in the delivery of counseling program related curriculum.
· Coordinates with school and community agencies to broaden students’ resources. * Seeks resources necessary to achieve school goals.
· Guides individuals/groups of students through the development of educational plans, career awareness and personal/social growth issues.
· Identifies and disaggregates critical data, such as grades, test scores, attendance, promotion rates, graduation, and postsecondary enrollment rate.
· Uses data to develop strategies to positively impact students.
· Comfortable in a leadership role when the Director is out.
· Follows the guidelines of the national, state and district standards for professional school counselors.
· Adheres to ethical and legal professional standards.
· Uses appropriate technology for counseling services.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
· State of Florida School Counselor certification or eligibility for Florida State certification
· Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Counseling
· Orientation to and/or experience in a school setting (preferred)
· Level 2 Background Check
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Clearwater, FL 33761: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location