Hi, we got a new job opening for Admin Services Fiscal Analyst in CITY OF BRADENTON
Company : CITY OF BRADENTON
Location : Bradenton, FL 34205
position : Admin Services Fiscal Analyst
Department/Location: Public Works & Utilities – Executive
FLSA Status: Exempt
Classification: Essential: This position is an Essential classification and will require employee to report to duty after a hurricane or emergency.
Schedule: This position normally works a regular weekday daytime shift and requires immediate response to emergency conditions.
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Public Works and Utilities Finance Manager
General Purpose of the Position: This is a highly responsible professional, technical, and administrative
position providing assistance processing, analyzing, and coordinating the administrative functions within the Department. It requires a thorough knowledge of departmental programs, finance, procedures and policies. Work is generally performed within established rules, regulations and policies. An employee in this class may assist in resolving more complex and unusual administrative situations. Work is carried out with considerable latitude, requiring independent judgment and initiative within the framework of delegated authority and responsibility. Work is reviewed through conferences, observation, analysis of reports and recommendations, and evaluation of results achieved.
Work involves the review and evaluation of departmental budget requests and the formulation and control of the approved annual operating budget. This includes working closely with the superintendents of each section within the Department to establish, refine, and track individual line item budgets. Work includes the review and evaluation of departmental budget requests through coordination with City personnel to review written justification of proposed expenditures and consideration of historical budget records and contemplated personnel and program changes. Work involves the continued review and control of expenditure requests and changes in order to conform to established budgetary guidelines.
Work encompasses the processing of a variety of purchase orders, invoices, vendor contracts, and other documents relating to the purchase of materials, supplies, and service. Work involves frequent contact with vendors and the accounting department.
Work may also encompass review of bids and proposal quotations.
Work may also involve assisting in capital asset management, analyzing expenditures for capital improvement projects, and assistance in planning the (5) five-year plan of capital improvement projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare and submit employee related documents for hiring, transfers, terminations, reclass.
· Monitor vacancies Prepares and distributes position and accrual reports.
· Prepare and maintain job description updates.
· Process employee evaluations.
· Prepare, coordinate and process employee infraction documentation.
· Process payroll on a biweekly basis.
· Perform pay analyses.
· Administer cell phone stipends and reimbursements.
· Manage boot and safety gear program.
· Coordinate training and track certification expirations.
· Prepare documents for Event Review Committee.
· Edit and distribute communication including weekly summary report.
· Represent department as Social Media Coordinator.
· Serve as records liaison and catalog department documents.
· Serve as back up for front desk responsibilities.
· Prepare requisitions, purchase orders, expenditure vouchers, and other documents relating to the purchase of materials, equipment, supplies, and services for the department.
· Compare invoices received with bid or requisition, verify or investigate and reconcile discrepancies, and submit verified or reconciled invoices for payment.
· Review open purchase orders periodically, cancel those no longer active, and maintain current file of status of pending requisitions.
· Ensure qualification of vendors through appropriate documentation.
· Obtain price quotes as necessary for requisition processing.
· Research sole sources and piggyback contracts for requisition processing.
· Administration of PCards.
· Assists in the planning, development, administration and review of the Department’s annual budget to include refining final departmental budget requests and preparing a proposed budget document for review and final approval by City personnel.
· Assist with department personnel budget requests, anticipated personnel and program changes and the resolution of budgetary problems. Initiates the development of municipal purchasing policies; develops, recommends and installs appropriate systems, records, forms, procedures and controls pertaining to purchasing.
· Analyze bids and proposal quotations for specifications and quantities; prepares bid reports. Conducts purchasing research, value analysis, and life cycle costing studies; analyzes findings and reports.
· Analyze and maintains detailed and complex reports, summaries and records.
· Analyze fixed assets and assists in disposal documentation process.
· Assist with CAFR.
· Assist with Audits.
· Assist in five-year capital assets planning.
· Assist with reconciliation, analysis and processing of capital improvement expenditures.
· Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
· Perform related work as assigned.
Skills and Physical Abilities Required:
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration encompassing the principles and practices of a City organization to include planning, research and methodology, including data analysis, selection, interpretation, and dissemination of data. Ability to investigate, interpret and analyze data to resolve operational and administrative problems, particularly from a fiduciary standpoint and render advice, as necessary. Ability to analyze complex administrative problems in the area of assigned responsibilities and to interpret and apply general policies in specific situations.
· Thorough knowledge of modern governmental purchasing and material management principles, methods and procedures, knowledge of typical municipal public work and utility materials and equipment, and of sources of supply.
· Knowledge of modern municipal financing principles and practices with the ability to prepare and maintain reports and records.
· Knowledge of the basic components required for research, application preparation and subsequent administration.
· Knowledge of basic statistical methods, techniques and research methodology used in data collection and report presentation.
· Proficiency in computer applications to include, but not limited to Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
· Must be able to work with sensitive materials and requires high level of confidentiality.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements: Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook is necessary. Experience with Public Stuff and MUNIS computer software is helpful.
Education and Experience Required/Preferred: Preferred graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree with coursework in business administration, public administration, political science or accounting and finance; OR three years of experience in human resources, government finance, accounting or procurement. Excellent knowledge of business English, punctuation, and grammar.
Environmental Conditions: Indoors. Must be able to work closely with others and under possible stressful conditions.
Commercial Driver License (CDL): A Commercial Driver License (CDL) is not required for this position.
Pay Grade: 118 Salary Range: Minimum: $20.48/hr. Maximum: $30.72/hr.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. Duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,598.00 – $63,898.00 per year
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location