Hi, we got a new job opening for Assistant Superintendent in International Management Company, LLC
Company : International Management Company, LLC
Location : Jacksonville, FL
position : Assistant Superintendent
Founded and locally owned and operated in Jacksonville, Florida, International Management Company (IMC) has grown into an agile, multi-faceted commercial real estate agency that fulfills all aspects of the commercial real estate transaction with a single call. We currently own 42 buildings, with 237 tenants and over one million square feet of space under our management.
We are seeking a qualified Commercial Assistant Superintendent to join our team.
This position assists with managing all aspects of on-site coordination for all phases of the project.
The Assistant Superintendent assists the Superintendent with the following responsibilities:
· Schedule subcontractors and vendors to ensure timely completion of projects.
· Coordinate subcontractors, materials and equipment, ensuring that drawings & specifications are being strictly followed, work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
· Manage carpenters and laborers on jobsites.
· Will be expected to develop and maintain good rapport with subcontractors and vendors
· Perform quality control responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
· Continuous communication with the project team regarding schedules as well as any critical issues that need to be resolved.
· Keep all construction documents up to date, check dimensions and details between changes, document changes and discussions, review shop drawings and as-builts.
· Keep a weekly schedule and develop an ongoing 3 to 4 week look ahead schedule.
· Keep subcontractors on track and on time – reach out to subcontractors to make them aware of when they need to be onsite and confirming their delivery timeframes for materials.
· Quality Control – Develop punch lists prior to subcontractors completing their work
· Ensure the work is per drawings/specifications and done with good workmanship
· Document & record all safety issues, hold a weekly safety meeting.
· Cost control surrounding material schedule and T&M slips, keeping within scope of budget.
· Submit daily reports regarding invoices and tool rental.
· Perform conflict resolution between subcontractors and vendors.
· Maintain a positive attitude, bringing the team closer together to accomplish the work.
· Advises senior level superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interference, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
· Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
· Recognize and enforce quality standards through daily inspection of site and buildings under construction
· Inspect each site daily to assure the quality of workmanship, ensures all work is in accordance with plans and specifications and determines the status as it compares to the production schedule
· Schedule and walk all inspections with inspectors
· Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner
· Ability to work overtime
· Execute company policies and enforces uniformity on construction methods to ensure compliance with quality standards
· Assists Superintendent with any job site activities, reporting, safety programs, final punch list, clean outs, etc.
· Physically perform punch out activities to achieve finish dates on production schedule
· In absence of Superintendent, makes sure all schedules, policies, and guidelines are maintained
· Ensures quality assurance and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process
· Maintains inventory in a condition presentable to potential customers and within the acceptable standards of the Company
· Informs and trains sub-contractors regarding Company policies and procedures, including safety and OSHA compliance.
· Implements company policies, procedures, principles and completes paperwork required by the Company
· Directs Detail Punch and Laborers as necessary
· Interacts with local municipalities to obtain all required inspections that conform to the master plan approvals
· Analyzes and understands local and national building codes and can manage projects within those stated standards
· Analyzes and understands the manufacturers’ recommendations of the use and application of building products and can manage the use of the product.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Effective verbal communication skills.
· Effective subcontractor coordination skills are a must.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Must have a thorough knowledge of construction methods, process, materials, equipment, understand specifications, and plans
· Working knowledge of safety regulations and quality guidelines.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and adhere to schedules.
· Proficient in interpreting construction drawings.
· Must have a vehicle capable of carrying supplies, valid driver’s license and be willing to drive among designated job sites in daytime and nighttime
· Ability to utilize construction applications on a smart phone, tablet, or laptop
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via construction applications
· Proficiency with MS Office and email
· Minimum of 5 years of verifiable Foreman and/or Assistant Superintendent experience on a commercial construction site.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
· Proficient at reading blueprints.
· Detail oriented.
· Exceptional communication skills.
· Strong organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Construction: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations