Hi, we got a new job opening for Consumer Loan Specialist (Part-time) in Bank of Central Florida
Company : Bank of Central Florida
Location : Lakeland, FL 33813
position : Consumer Loan Specialist (Part-time)
Willing to train all aspects of Consumer Loans
At Bank of Central Florida, we believe in a client-focused approach to local banking. All positions are committed to being self-managed and entrepreneurial, while consistently embracing growth opportunities. Employees are dedicated to engaging with other team members in peer-to-peer solutions to propel Bank of Central Florida’s strategic objective of being the preferred community financial institution across Central Florida. We care about our team members, our clients, and our communities, and in doing so, our employees demonstrate servant leadership and volunteering within the community. Bank of Central Florida’s team reflects the characteristics of our core values and leads by example.
The Consumer Loan Specialist (Part-time) is primarily responsible for processing all consumer loans and partnering with Professional Relationship Managers to support the overall consumer loan function. This function will have duel responsibilities within Loan Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review consumer and home equity loan applications and recommend decisions based on the bank’s credit policy housed in Decision Pro.
· Review consumer credit report, applicant’s banking relationship, collateral value, income documentation, and other information to determine acceptable risk.
· Responsible for analyzing, approving, and servicing all types of consumer loans or lines of credit based on sound reasoning and acceptable guidelines.
· Recommend approvals and denials to the appropriate party.
· Communicate with team (Private Bankers, Chief Sales Officer, Chief Credit Officer, and Loan Operations) throughout the application process, and ensure closings meet client expectations.
· Process documents for consumer new loans, renewals, modifications, and additional advances to existing loans, including pre-disclosures.
· Board the loan and make sure it is accurate and matches the loan documentation.
· Responsible for tracking policy exceptions and notating them in Decision Pro.
· Responsible for tracking and clearing all loan documentation deficiencies.
· Keep current on all regulatory changes.
· Responsible for communication with the Private Bankers and if applicable the customer throughout the process – up to and including closing. Able to communicate effectively via email, phone and in person with client’s.
· Prints and prepares letters for mailing Adverse Action, Prequalification, and counter offers.
· Interact with others (co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
· Regular attendance and punctuality are essential to this role. Daily interaction with co-workers and team members is critical.
· Fulfill responsibilities under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations. This may include identifying customers properly, initiating CTRs and SARs investigations as needed, utilizing OFAC records and maintaining appropriate records.
· Adhere to the Bank’s policies and procedures and all Federal and State laws and regulations.
· Perform any other duties, as assigned.
· Collaborative and Team Oriented: Fosters a culture of teamwork and collaboration by developing, maintaining, and strengthening partnerships with others to accomplish work goals and solutions that all team members can support.
· Detailed Oriented: Exhibits strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail. Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Adaptable: Adapts well to changes in work assignments and priorities. Approaches change positively and adjusts behaviors accordingly.
· Communication: Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication (verbal, written, and nonverbal) with internal and external clients. Uses active listening skills and communicates with honesty, integrity, and trust. Demonstrates high level of professionalism. Projects an approachable demeanor.
· Self-Motivated and Continuous Learning: Demonstrates initiative, accountability, and a high level of productivity. Committed to professional development through self-motivation, education, seminars, webinars, and other learning activities. Introduce new knowledge and skills on the job. Ability to learn and perform new duties and responsibilities.
· Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Exhibits an inquisitive nature.Identifies issues and opportunities. Gathers information, analyzes issues, examines ideas from multiple perspectives, and solves problems in a timely manner with accuracy, clarity, logic, and open-mindedness.
· Creativity and Innovation: Generates innovative solutions and ideas for improvement and efficiencies.
· Service and Quality Focus: Values and earns client trust and respect through meeting and exceeding client expectations. Takes personal responsibility for resolving service problems. Presents in a positive manner with clients both internal and external.
· Self-Awareness: Maintains awareness of emotions and uses this information to guide one’s thinking and actions within a context of appropriate work behavior and performance, including periods of stress and adversity. Recognizes personal and professional strengths and limitations, areas for growth, and resources for improvement.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· College degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum three years of prior work related experience strongly preferred.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
· General office environment that requires the extensive use of arms, hands, and fingers.
· Frequently required to sit / stand for extended periods of time, reach with arms and hands, stand, walk, stoop, talk and hear.
· May be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
· All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $21.00 – $27.00 per hour
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Lakeland, FL 33813: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Fair Housing regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location