Hi, we got a new job opening for Elementary School Custodian in Imagine Schools at West Melbourne
Company : Imagine Schools at West Melbourne
Location : West Melbourne, FL 32904
position : Elementary School Custodian
IMAGINE SCHOOLS JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Custodian
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Principal or Facilities Manager
Position Description: Responsible for keeping the assigned building(s) clean, safe and secure in accordance with set standards, laws and policies. Maintain the building(s) in a state of operational excellence that presents no interruptions, distractions, or obstacles to the ongoing educational program.
· Clean, dust, and sanitizes rooms; clean and wax floors; clean windows and stairs; sanitize lavatories, furniture, appliances, and support apparatus, per approved schedule.
Operate equipment needed to complete essential functions including: vacuum cleaner, rug cleaner, hand and small power tools.
· Install paper products.
· Deliver supplies and materials.
Perform preventive maintenance work, paint, replace bulbs, ballast, and replace glass, as needed.
· Keep exterior walks and lawns free of debris, and complete snow removal and other exterior work related to these functions as may be requested.
· Complete inventory reports, daily cleaning and maintenance reports, and supply orders.
· Operate building systems, including HVAC, fire protection, security control, lighting, and safety.
· Prepare facility setups for all school activities.
· Relocate furniture and equipment as needed.
Demonstrate an understanding of the Imagine Schools Six Measures of Excellence in the execution of duties.
Model positive character virtues and habits. Assist students in developing positive moral and performance character attributes.
Perform other duties as assigned by Principal/School Leader.
· Education: High School Diploma/GED
· Experience: 1-2 years maintenance or custodial experience.
· Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Basic computer and email ability. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform in a physically demanding environment. Flexibility to deal with operational problems and emergencies. Able to work independently, analyze information skillfully and in a timely manner, as well as make decisions where appropriate. Ability to communicate cooperatively and constructively with other staff, students and parents in a multi-cultural environment. Ability to remain pleasant and helpful under sometimes-stressful circumstances.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the standard required for each essential function. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all assigned duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
West Melbourne, FL 32904: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
custodial: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location