Hi, we got a new job opening for Laundry Attendant in Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach
Company : Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach
Location : Pensacola Beach, FL 32561
position : Laundry Attendant
The Laundry Attendant is responsible for the washing, folding, and restocking of the entire hotel’s laundry in a timely, organized manner. The laundry area must be always kept in clean and orderly manner and the equipment must be clean and serviceable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Always approach all interactions with guests and employees in a friendly and service-oriented manner by maintaining a positive demeanor.
– Promote a positive and caring work environment by addressing and resolving any conflict in a calm and poised manner.
– Maintain regular attendance as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the individual property.
– Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
– Ensure the washing, drying, folding, and discarding of linen and uniforms are per standard.
– Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all laundry equipment. This includes coordinating with Maintenance on a regular basis for any issues or repairs needed.
– Keep linens and other laundry supplies stocked and maintained at all times.
– Ensure coordination of linen distribution among other departments and guest rooms.
– Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to company standards.
– Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of linen and lint traps.
– Address and resolve all guest complaints quickly and accurately.
– Show initiative in job performance by anticipating the needs of guests and team members alike.
– Follow all company’s policies and procedures.
– Must maintain a clean and safe work environment and report any safety issues to management immediately.
– Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum 1 year of housekeeping or laundry experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
3. Experience in team management preferred.
4. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, or scheduled form.
5. Ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English in order to communicate with guests and team members.
6. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
7. Have a strong attention to details.
8. Must be able to multi-task.
9. Must be a team player.
10. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a high degree of autonomy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– While performing the duties of this job, the employer is regularly required to use hands, and is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, bend, and walk for long periods of time. The employee will be required to reach, with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position demands physical and mental health.
– The position occasionally requires the employee to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull, and work a flexible schedule including long hours, holidays, and weekends. Must be able to move continuously during work hours and to lift up to 75 pounds.
– The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
8 hour shift
Laundry: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location