Hi, we got a new job opening for Monitoring and Training Specialist in Changing Homelessness, Inc.
Company : Changing Homelessness, Inc.
Location : Jacksonville, FL 32204
position : Monitoring and Training Specialist
Job Title: Monitoring and Training Specialist
Department: Direct Client Services
Employee Type: Full time, hourly
Salary Range: $42,000 – $52,000
Reports to: Quality Assurance Director
The Monitoring & Training Specialist completes monitoring functions for all programs and sub-grantees as required by federal, state, and local grants. This includes desk reviews, on-site monitoring and training on key aspects of each program.
The Monitoring & Training Specialist position requires grant/contract knowledge and experience as well as excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills. The individual serving in this capacity must exercise objectivity, independent judgment, patience, and political acumen.
· Plan and prepare a monitoring schedule that ensures that all programs and sub-grantees have been monitored as required on at least an annual basis.
· Provide regular and as-needed training sessions to sub-grantees which cover all required compliance standards.
· Produce written monitoring reports for sub-grantees.
· Create and monitor performance improvement plans for any sub-grantees that are not meeting compliance requirements.
· Attend training to ensure that knowledge of all programs is up to date and to seek out best practices for monitoring processes.
· Review all grant agreements and standards for current and pending programs.
· Develop and implement various program monitoring tools which cover all required elements of each program.
· Contact sub-grantees to request missing documentation resulting from monitoring findings
· Produce flowcharts, templates, instructional guides, and other useful tools that can be shared with sub-grantees to better enable them to meet compliance standards.
· Attend and participate in departmental and organizational staff meetings.
· Keep well-organized records which clearly demonstrate that all monitoring processes are being completed fully and timely.
· Serve as a resource to other parties, both internal and external, regarding program requirements, rules, and processes.
· Serve as a liaison for sub-grantees in obtaining information from program funding sources.
· Promote a positive and productive team environment.
· Maintain adherence to confidentiality standards
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services, Business Management or related equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
· Successfully pass Level 2 background check and drug screening
· Contract management or auditing experience
· Training and educational experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
· Strong understanding of grant management and programmatic variables
· Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues
· Strong knowledge of governmental accounting, budgeting, auditing, and financial reporting
· Ability to interpret and communicate government regulations
· Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Microsoft Office
· Track progress of achievement of program objectives
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to evaluate, audit, deduce, and/or assess data and/or information using established criteria
· Ability to review, classify, prioritize, and analyze problematic situations
· Ability to employ innovative problem-solving techniques to accomplish objectives
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training
· Demonstrated professional and political aptitude
· Working knowledge of COV-ID 19 protocols
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 – $52,000.00 per year
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations:COVID-19 safety protocols are followed. Visitors are prescreened before entering the facility. Accommodations are offered.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Jacksonville, FL 32204: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Must be able to pass a level II background and drug screening.
Work Location: One location