Hi, we got a new job opening for Pipefitter 1st Class in Eastern Shipbuilding Group
Company : Eastern Shipbuilding Group
Location : Panama City, FL 32401
position : Pipefitter 1st Class
POSITION SUMMARY Assemble, install, and test piping for various systems in accordance to plans, specification, codes, and industry standards. Work with other crafts as instructed by supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: Because Eastern Shipbuilding is continually growing to meet the needs of our customers, your duties and responsibilities may be different than described.
· Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
· Comply with Company, federal, state, and local safety, ethics, and environmental rules, regulations and policies while performing duties.
· Select specified type and size of pipe, fittings, and valves, etc.
· Measure and mark pipe for cutting and threading; assemble pipes, tubes, and fittings, according to specifications.
· Bend pipe according to specifications.
· Install and verify operation of high pressure steel pipes and fittings.
· Repair and replace any damaged pipe; fabricate and install metal fittings, install supports, valves, and other control equipment.
· Test installed piping systems and install other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications.
· Rig and flag cranes using hand signals to move pipe safely to desired locations.
· Perform final hook ups of systems and commissioning.
· Work with minimal supervision.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
May indirectly supervise and/or train subordinates.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED equivalence plus three to five years pipefitting/plumbing experience desired. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Requires working knowledge of all standard pipe craft formulas, materials, and drawings. Requires working knowledge of equipment, work processes and techniques used in measuring, fitting, and tack welding steel. Required to pass SMAW Tack welding test to become ABS certified. Requires knowledge of welding, ship terminology, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
Skills: Ability to read and comprehend written, oral, or diagram form or plans. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to read and understand blueprints. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and employees. Knowledge of safe operation and use of hand and power tools. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to read a tape measure and use a cutting torch.
Behavioral Attributes: Integrity, ethics, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, safety conscious, and multi-tasking. Maintain the confidential integrity of details pertaining to Eastern Shipbuilding Group.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the workday. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be physically and medically qualified to wear all required personal protective equipment, as prescribed under Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards. The employee must be able to work above ground at heights of a minimum of 50 feet aloft and/or working from scaffolding and/or man-lifts while working with machinery; in confined spaces and withstand extreme heat and cold in an outside climate or confined space.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, continual loud noise, and other hazards found in a heavy industrial shipyard environment. Rigorous compliance with safety procedures, policies, and personal safety equipment requirements is therefore mandatory.
Job Type: Full-time
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location